RAGE AGAINST SCAMS PRESENTATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY POSTPONED FOR APPROXIMATELY 8 WEEKS. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR NEW DATES.
- POSTPONED: Rage Against Scams -For Teens – @Willcox Public Library
- POSTPONED: Rage Against Scams -For Small Businesses- @ SV Small Business Development Center 2600 E. Wilcox Dr.
- PENDING/POSSIBLY POSTPONED: Fri. May 1st, 10:00 AM – 11:45 AM. Rage Against Scams for Everyone @ Sierra Vista Public Library.
- To book a private workshop at your place of business, church, or community center, please contact Kristin Gray 520-452-3069 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST RESOURCE FOR SCAMS: WWW.FTC.GOV
REPORTING AGENCIES FOR FRAUD, SCAMS, FINANCIAL ELDER ABUSE
Report All Scam Complaints: www.ftc.gov/complaint
Report Identity Theft: www.ftc.gov/IdentityTheft
Report Non-internet scams: www.fbi.gov/tips
Report Local Scams: www.azag.gov
Report to your local Law Enforcement Agency
Report Internet Crime: www.IC3.gov
Report Social Security Fraud www.ssa.gov (type “fraud” in the search box):
Report Mail Theft or Fraud Involving US Mail: www.uspis.gov/report/
Report a Lost or Stolen Passport: travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html
National Elder Fraud Hotline: 1-833-372-8311
Report Elder Financial Abuse or Abuse of a Vulnerable Adult: 877-SOS-ADULT
FREEZE YOUR CREDIT Freezing your credit is permanent until you lift the freeze. This helps prevent con artists from getting your credit report and applying for credit in your name without your knowledge. It does not affect your credit rating. If you need to apply for credit, you will have to lift the freeze first, apply, then re-freeze. You must freeze at all of the agencies below.
- www.nctue.com/Consumers NCTUE is a consumer reporting agency used by many telecom companies and utilities to check credit history before opening new accounts.
OPT-OUT OF MAIL/EMAIL AND CURB CREDIT CARD OFFERS
CURB UNWANTED CALLS www.DoNotCall.gov
TAXPAYER GUIDE TO IDENTITY THEFT: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/taxpayer-guide-to-identity-theft
CONSUMER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
Top Scams in Your Area: https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/publications/2018-06/Top_Consumer_Scams.pdf
Consumer Education: www.consumerfinance.gov
Consumer Tips: www.consumer.ftc.gov
Verify Medical Insurance Licenses: www.insurance.az.gov
Watch Scam Prevention Videos from the FTC: www.consumer.ftc.gov/media
Latest Scams and Fraud Education: www.ftc.gov
GET A LIFECARE PACKET azag.gov/seniors/life-care-planning
You can now register your life care packet at the Arizona State Attorney General’s Office.
SEAGO South East Arizona Governments Organization Area Agency on Aging
- Address 300 Collins Rd. Bisbee, AZ 85603
- Email email@example.com
DES SERVICES INCLUDE Home Care program, In Home services, Home Delivered and Congregated Meals, SHIP, Transportation, Wellness program, Caregiver program, Case management, and more.
- Division of Aging and Adult Services
- Website https://www.azdes.gov/daas/
- Email contactDAAS@azdes.gov
SHIP – State Health Insurance Assistance Program
- Address 1789 West Jefferson, #950A Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Website https://des.az.gov/services/aging-and-adult/state-health-insurance-assistance-program-ship
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc.: https://www.sazlegalaid.org
SIERRA VISTA COMMUNITY ACTIVITY RESOURCES
- https://www.cochise.edu/ Go to “Community” tab, scroll down to Center for Lifelong Learning
- https://www.sierravistaaz.gov/i-want-to/volunteer/ The list is extensive. Library, community clean up, teaching, nature/conservation, the visitor’s center.
- https://www.sierravistaaz.gov/senior-exercise-health-class-1/ Also check out local fitness clubs and see what they have for seniors.
- https://www.sierravistaaz.gov/city-departments/leisure/active-adults/ General list of activities. Trips, excursions, dining, games, hobbies, concerts, socials, health
Protecting the Aging and Infirm from Financial Abuse